BMW (which stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke, or in English, Bavarian Motor Works), is a German automotive company that manufactures automobiles and motorcycles. BMW was founded in 1916 by Franz Josef Popp. BMW AG is the parent company of the brands MINI and Rolls-Royce, and, formerly Rover. BMW is known as one of the companies with high-performance luxury cars, and also one of the first car company that uses the ABS technology.
BMW started the business after the restructuring of the company's aircraft engine maker Rapp Motorenwerke 1917. End of World War I in 1918, BMW was forced to stop producing aircraft engines due to the Versailles Treaty. The company switched to producing motorcycles in 1923 after the agreement start undone, and began producing cars in 1928/29 .
In 1992, BMW acquired the company's industrial design studio in California DesignworksUSA, and acquired full-year 1995. In 1994, BMW bought Rover Group UK automotive firm (where there was a brand Rover, Land Rover and MG as well as rights to the brands that are no longer produced the Austin and Morris) and have it for 6 years. In 2000, Rover suffered huge losses and BMW had sold it. MG and Rover brands sold to the Phoenix Consortium to form MG Rover, while Land Rover was taken over Ford. BMW eventually established his own brand which he named the MINI, which was launched in 2001.
In 2006, the Group BMW (including Mini and Rolls-Royce) produce 1,366,838 vehicles produced in 5 countries. In 2010, increased to 1,481,253 units and 112,271 units of motor cars (with a brand new BMW and Husqvarna brands.
The cars produced by BMW is a car 56% gasoline and 44% were diesel cars. From the cars petrol, 27% were on 4-cylinder engine and 9% used eight-cylinder engine. BMW also has a component assembly plant in Thailand, Russia, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Chennai, India for series 3, 5, 7, and X3.
Series 1, launched in 2004 is BMW's smallest car, available in two models namely koupe / convertible (E82/E88) and hatchback (E81/E87). 3 Series entry in the compact executive car, began production in 1975, is now entering the fifth generation of the (BMW E90); models available include the sport sedan (E90), station wagon (E91), koupe (E92), and convertible ( E93). 5 Series is a mid-size executive sedan, available in sedan version (E60) and station wagon (E61). Gran Turismo 5 Series (F07) which started from 2010, will fill the segment between the car class station wagons and crossover SUVs
BMW 7-Series (F01)
The top line of BMW cars are full-size executive sedan 7 Series. BMW also introduced a new technology in the BMW 7 Series, such as system iDrive.Seri Hydrogen 7 is also included in one of the first hydrogen-fueled cars in the world, emits only water vapor form. There is also a Series 6 is a grand touring luxury car class. Cars 2-door roadster and coupe Z4 (E85) has been sold since 2002.
BMW X3 SUV (E83)
* 1 Series (E81) (2004-present) Hatchback, koupe, and convertible
* Series 3 (E90) (2005-present) Sedan, koupe, convertible, and wagon
* 5 Series (F10) (2010-present) Sedan and Wagon
* 5 Series Gran Turismo (2009-present) Progressive Activity Sedan
* 6 Series (E63) (2003-present) Koupe and convertibles
* Series 7 (F01) (2008-present) Sedan
* X1 (2009-present) Compact Crossover SUV / Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)
* X3 (F25) (2010-present) Compact Crossover SUV / Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)
* X5 (E70) (2006-present) Compact Crossover SUV / Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)
* X6 (2008-present) Sports Activity Coupe
* Z4 (E89) (2009-present) Sports Roadster
Derived from the BMW 3 series, BMW M3 into a new class in the ranks of BMW: ready production car racing. Since its emergence, the BMW M3 to get a pretty good enthusiasm, mainly because the engine that won many awards.
BMW in Formula 1
BMW has a successful history in Formula One. Cars that use BMW engines have won 20 championship in 2006, BMW took over Sauber team and become a Formula One constructor. In 2007 and 2008, the team enjoyed a few victories. Earned team's last victory was at the Grand Prix of Canada, dated June 8, 2008 with rider Robert Kubica. Some of the accomplishments achieved include:
* Winner of the drivers: 1 (1983)
* Winner constructors: 0 (Runner-up 2002, 2003, 2007)
* Victory Grand Prix: 20
* Finish on the podium: 76
* Pole Position: 33
* Time 1 fastest laps: 33
BMW is the engine supplier to Williams, Benetton, Brabham, and Arrows. Some of the famous racing driver who started his career with BMW, among others, Jenson Button, Juan Pablo Montoya, Robert Kubica and Sebastian Vettel.
In July 2009, BMW announced that they will be out of Formula One competition after the end of the 2009 season. The team was sold back to the previous owner Peter Sauber. He also throw the name of the new BMW team name.
BMW vehicles are named after a particular naming system, usually 3-digit numbers followed by 1 or 2 letters. The first number is the serial number of the car, next 2 digits usually represents the amount of engine capacity in cc divided by 100. Even so, the BMW car that came out recently using 2 numbers behind the performance index, for example the series 116i, 118i and 120i (all These cars use 2.0L gasoline engine), like the 325d and 330d (both 3.0L diesel engine) that uses the same engine block but different power output because of the setup and turbochargers.
This naming system can be used in combination. The usual codes are:
* A = automatic transmission
* C = coupé, last used in the BMW E46 and BMW E63 (not used after 2005)
* C = cabriolet
* D = diesel †
* E = eta (fuel efficient, from the Greek letter "η ')
* G = compressed natural gas / CNG
* H = hydrogen
* I = injection
* L = long wheelbase
* S = sport, also means "2 dr" in the E36 model † †
* SDrive = rear-wheel drive
* T = touring (wagon / estate)
* Ti = hatchback for the BMW 3 Series Hatchback
* X / xDrive = BMW's xDrive four-wheel Drive
BMW already assembles cars in South Africa since 1968, when Praetor Monteerders factory was built in Rosslyn, near Pretoria. BMW bought the company's stock, and acquired full-year 1975, so it became BMW South Africa. The company is a company fully owned by BMW's first outside Germany. 3 models available in the South African market is E23 M745i (1983), BMW 333i (1986),  and E30 BMW 325is (1989).
Unlike American manufacturers Ford and GM, who chose to pull out of the country in the 1980s, BMW remains the company operates in South Africa. When the apartheid regime ended in 1994, and import tariffs fall, BMW South Africa's local stop producing the Series 5 and Series 7 in order to concentrate to produce the BMW 3 Series. South Africa made the 3 Series has been exported to several countries with right-wheel cars such as Japan, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Singapore, and Hong Kong, as well as Sub-Saharan Africa. Since 1997, BMW South Africa also produce the left wheel cars to be exported to Taiwan, the United States, Iran, and South America.
BMW cars with vehicle identification numbers beginning with "NC0" is a BMW made in South Africa.
BMW Manufacturing Co. to produce cars like the BMW X5 and X6 in Greer later near Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA BMW X3 also began to be made in Spartanburg. BMW vehicles with identification numbers beginning with "4US" and "5US" manufactured in Spartanburg.
In 2010 BMW announced that they will invest 750 million U.S. dollars to expand the Spartanburg plant. This new factory will be producing 240,000 units of new vehicles per year, and will become the largest automobile manufacturer in the U.S. be seen from the number of employees.
BMW India was founded in 2006 in Gurgaon (National Capital Region). Assembly plant for the 3 Series and 5 Series commenced operations in Chennai in early 2007. Assembly plant construction began in January 2006 with an investment of more than 1 billion Indian rupees.
BMW signed a joint venture with Brilliance Automotive in 2003 to produce BMW sedans in China, while the factory opening in May 2004 in the northeastern city of Shenyang.
In October 2008, BMW Group Canada was awarded one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc..
Bavarian Auto Group is a multinational group of companies founded in March 2003 designated as importirm BMW and Mini cars in Egypt. The company also has exclusive rights to assemble, sell, and perform maintenance on the BMW products in Egypt. BAG has invested 100 million U.S. dollars in 7 companies.
Now, the plant facilities Bavarian Auto able to assemble models of the BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series and X3. While the models that were imported were the BMW 1 Series, 6 Series, X5, X6 and all the Mini.
Mercedes-Benz (the German pronunciation: [mɛʁtse dəs bɛnts ː]) is a German automotive company which manufactures a wide range of vehicles such as cars, trucks, and buses. Mercedes-Benz is one of the most recognizable cars in the world and also the world's oldest car company that survived until now. Their car has a well-known tech and high security levels.
Originally the company was in the early 1880s, when Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz cars found separately in southern Germany. Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach, who together discovered a four-stroke engine, worked together in Cannstatt (a city district of Stuttgart); Benz had his shop in Mannheim near Heidelberg. There is no record of the two inventors ever met.
Mercedes-benz currently being expanded their marketing through online media.
List of products of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars produced in 2011:
* B-Class MPV
* C-Class Sedan, Estate & Koupé
* CLS-Class four-door Koupé
* E-Class Sedan, Estate, Koupé & Cabriolet / Convertible
* G-Class cross-country vehicle
* GL-Class Off-Road Vehicles
* M-Class-Veihicle Sports Utility (SUV)
* R-Class Luxury Tourer Vehicle (LTV)
* S-Class Sedan
* SL-Class Roadster
* SLK-Class Roadster
* SLS AMG-Koupé
* Porpose Viano Multi-Vehicle (MPV)
Between 2003 and 2009, Mercedes-Benz sports car produced in limited quantities in conjunction with McLaren Automotive. This project is an additional form of collaboration after they worked together in the Formula One team owned a partial stake in Mercedes.
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren has a carbon fiber body with a 5.4L V8 engine with a supercharger. This machine uses the same cylinder block with the SL55 AMG and the CLS55 AMG, though modified so as to issue a maximum power 460 kW (625 PS; 617 bhp) and torque of 780 N · m (575 ft · lbf). SLR McLaren has a maximum speed of around 337 km / hour.
Naming a Car
Until 1994, the Mercedes-Benz uses an alphanumeric system for classifying their cars, consisting of a number that indicates the capacity of a car engine if multiplied by 100 and followed by letters indicating the type of body and engine type.
* "C" indicates that the model body coupe / cabriolet.
* "D" means the use of diesel engines.
* "E" (for "Einspritzen") means the use of gasoline engines with injection. In some instances, if no writing "D" or "E" then use the gasoline engine carburetor.
* "G" represents off-road vehicles Gelandewagen.
* "K" is used in the 1930s, indicating the engine with a supercharger ("Kompressor"). For SSK, K is "Kurz" (short wheel short-wheelbase/sumbu).
* "L" stands for "Leicht" (lightweight) for sport sedan models, and "Lang" (long-wheelbase/sumbu long wheel) for the sedan model.
* "R" stands for "Rennen" (racing / racing), used to race cars. (Eg 300SLR).
* "S" means "Sport" for high-performance model or "Special" for the top model / flagship.
* "T" stands for "Touring" and marked the kind of estate car / station wagon.
For some models, the numbers in naming the car was not in accordance with the capacity of the engine. These numbers are given only to determine the position of the car in the line of Mercedes-Benz.
After 1994, Mercedes-Benz cars renew their naming system. Now, car models are grouped into classes that naming up to three letters (see above), then followed with a 3 digit number (or 2 digits for AMG models). For the variant with the same modl (such as estate or a variant of the diesel engine variants) is no longer given a different letter. In some cases, this naming is not always certain. For example, SLS-AMG SLR and do not follow this name.
Same as before, the number 3 on models of Mercedes-Benz has no relationship with engine capacity of the car. The numbers are sometimes even associated with the engine power output. For example, the E250 CGI engine has a power greater than the E200 CGI because of differences in engine tuning, although both use the 1.8L engine.
* "4MATIC" means the car uses four-wheel drive.
* "BlueTEC" indicates a diesel engine with exhaust gas pipe selective catalytic reduction.
* "BlueEfficiency" indicates the feature fuel efficiency (injection, start-stop system, aerodynamic modifications, etc.).
* "CGI" (Charged Gasoline Injection) is indicative of direct gasoline injection.
* "CDI" (Common-rail Direct Injection) diesel engine indicates the common-rail technology.
* "Hybrid" denotes a hybrid car.
* "NGT" signifies the use of fuel gas.
* "Kompressor" indicates the engine with a supercharger.
* "Turbo" indicates the engine with a turbocharger, is only used in models of Class A, B, Е and GLK.
In addition to the original state of Germany, the cars of Mercedes-Benz are also manufactured / assembled in the following countries:
* Argentina (buses, trucks and Sprinter vans. Mercedes-Benz's first factory outside of Germany.)
* Austria (G-Class)
* Bosnia and Herzegovina
* Brazil Production of trucks, buses and C-Class. Established 1956.
* Egypt through the Egyptian Automotive Company Germany
* Hungary (construction of new plant was announced on June 18, 2008 for the next generation of A-and B-Class)
* Iran (Dismissed since 201)
* Mexico-Mercedes Benz Mercedes de Mexico is the largest overseas branch viewed from gross income, total sales, number of cars produced, and the number of employees, as well as serving for almost the entire region of Latin America and North America.
* Nigeria (buses, trucks, motorcycles and utility Sprinter van)
* Russia (E-Class)
* Spain (Vitoria [need disambiguation])
* South Afric
* South Korea (Mercedes-Benz Musso and MB100 manufactured by Ssangyong Motor Company)
* Thailand (assemble the car C, E and S class by Thonburi Group)
* United Kingdom-SLR is made at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking. Brackley, Northamptonshire is the main headquarters of Mercedes Grand Prix and Brixworth, Northamptonshire is the location of the Mercedes-Benz HighPerformanceEngines
* United States: Mercedes-Benz M-Class Sport Utility, R-Class Sport Tourer and the GL-Class luxury SUV made in a factory near Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
* Vietnam: passenger cars and commercial. Founded in 1995.
Many technologies that have been discovered by the car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz stand throughout their history, including:
* Internal combustion engine, invented by Daimler & Benz and Maybach in 1886.
* Daimler found a honeycomb radiator which is still used by all water-cooled vehicles to date.
* Daimler found a carburetor that was used until recently replaced by injection.
* "Chassis drop" - a car named "Mercedes" by Daimler is the first car with a modern configuration, has a "carriage" is lower and as a set of front and back, using a front engine and rear-wheel drive. Cars before the "horseless carriages", has a high center of gravity and engine and drivetrain configurations are diverse.
* The first passenger car that has brakes on all four wheels (1924)
* System construction with crumple zones car's front and rear, first developed by Mercedes-Benz in 1951. This discovery is considered as one of the most important discoveries in automotive construction, especially the security.
* In 1959, Mercedes-Benz patented a device that can avoid a slip by regulating the engine, transmission, and brakes. In 1987, Mercedes-Benz applied its patent by introducing the traction control system.
* Traction control and airbags for the European market is an innovation of the Mercedes-Benz. This technology was introduced in 1986.
* Mercedes-Benz is the first manufacturer to use a seat belt pretensioners in the S-Class in 1981. At the time the collision occurred, a pre-tensioner will tighten by itself, thus avoiding the passengers of a more serious injury.
* In September 2003, Mercedes-Benz introduced the world's first automatic transmission with a 7 speed 7G-Tronic they call.
* Electronic Stability Program (ESP), brake assist, and various other security devices, all developed, tested, and implemented in the first passenger car by Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes-Benz does not make big news about this discovery. They even make licensing this technology for use by other automotive manufacturers around the world-in the name of improving driver and passenger safety. As a result, the crumple zones and now anti-lock braking system (ABS) became standard in almost all modern cars.
* The most powerful 8 cylinder engine in the world today is owned by Mercedes-AMG, the M156 has a 6208 cc power 85 PS per 1000cc her. V8 engine is named after the '63 AMG 'and replaced by the M113 machine '55 AMG' in many models. M156 machine is capable of producing power at 391 kW (532 PS; 524 bhp), but the achievement of this effort is a bit different in each model.
* (W211) E320 CDI 2.8L V6 engine that uses diesel with variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) and common rail managed to record three world record for endurance test. This car is capable of completing 100,000 miles (160,000 km) with an average speed reached 224 823 km / hour. Two other identical cars broke the same record to complete 100,000 km and 50,000 miles (80.000km). (All record was unveiled by the FIA)
* Mercedes-Benz is the inventor of a system called Pre-Safe, which is useful to detect any unexpected accidents and car safety systems set up so that it can respond appropriately. This technology can also calculate how much braking force is needed to avoid accidents in critical situations, a direct work when the driver pressed the brake pedal. The passengers are also secured by tightening the seatbelt, closing the sunroof and windows, and change the seating position to the optimal position.
A series of discoveries of security devices to help Mercedes-Benz won the Safety Award in the "What car?" 2007.
Mercedes Grand Prix is one of Formula One racing team. The team is owned by German car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz. They debuted on the F1 event in the spring of 1954, and later achieved success in the seasons 1954 and 1955. In late summer 1955, they withdrew from F1, and then back again as the engine supplier in the mid-1990s. Mercy then decided to return to F1 as a full team in the 2010 season, where their parent, namely Daimler AG in cooperation with Aaba Investments decided to buy a 75.1% (Daimler: 45.1%; Aabar: 30%) share the team Brawn, and later changed its name to Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix. In 2011, Daimler and then increase their stake in the Mercedes Grand Prix team to 100% by buying the remaining 24.9% of shares still held by Ross Brawn and Nick Fry, making this team as a team full of Mercedes-Benz at the F1 event.
Mercedes-Benz has been involved in Grand Prix Motor Racing (forerunner of Formula 1) since 1923, when Tropfenwagen Benz (described as having a teardrop shape) was introduced to racing at the European Grand Prix at Monza. This idea came from one of Hans Nibel Benz engineers, inspired by Tropfenwagen Rumpler and is intended to enhance the appeal of marketing for the sale of middle engined cars with their similar appearance Auto Union (also built some of its parts by engineers Rumpler), and using Rumpler replica chassis built prior to the Auto Union. their machine-powered racing cars with a capacity of 1991cc 80hp and claimed to be capable of driving at speeds above 140km/hour.
Although initially very promising, with the fourth and fifth (and once knocked out) in their debut, but they can not get a good position in three early season and even target marketing that they expected failed to materialize. Finally Benz decided to merge with Daimler in order to get better performance
In 1930, with the name of the new joint venture, Daimler-Benz, they then launched a new racing force named Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrows. They are also dominating the Grand Prix races in Europe with only one major rival of Auto Union. At first they seem only for fun even when stripping the paint color of the car which is a typical white to silver metallic color solely to reduce the weight of the car. Silver Arrows team was successfully guided by the phenomenal time manager Alfred Neubauer, by winning three races in 1932 through the hands of Rudolf Caracciola. Mercedes when it includes a team of great charity because it is financed Nazi regime, until then the company stopped the race at the start of World War II when the Nazis changed his mind and behind using racing arena as a tool of war propaganda.
After WWII ended, in 1954 Mercedes-Benz returned to what is now known as the Formula One race weekend (a World Championship that has been established since 1950). They then use the Mercedes-Benz W196 technologically advanced that run either in the form of open-wheel and is very efficient in terms of handling and speed. Juan Manuel Fangio, the world champion 1951 season the team moved from the middle of the season to join Maserati to Mercedes-Benz to launch their debut at the French Grand Prix on July 4, 1954. The team was immediately successful and wins 1-2 record with Fangio and Karl Kling, and scored the fastest lap by Hans Herrmann. Fangio went on to win three races in 1954, and he managed to get out as world champions that season.
The success continued into 1955 season with the same car with the previous season are used again. Mercedes once again dominated the season, with Fangio won four races and teammate of Stirling Moss winning the British Grand Prix .. Fangio and Moss managed to finish 1-2 in the standings. But a great misfortune that Mercedes got in the race 24 Hours of Le Mans 1955 season that killed driver Pierre Levegh Mercy and also 80 spectators dragged to the cancellation of races in Switzerland, France, Germany and Spain. The team eventually withdrew from the entire automotive competitions, including Formula One, at the end of the season.
Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines
Mercedes-Benz and then back to the 1993 F1 season. At that time they worked with the company British racing engine maker that Ilmor was founded by Mario Illien and Paul Morgan in 1983 before they bought Daimler shares by Chevrolet in 1993 by 25%. In 2001 one of the founders of Ilmor, Paul Morgan was killed in a plane crash, and this is a gap for Daimler to be able to increase its stake in Ilmor. In the 2002 season Daimler ultimately increase their stake in Ilmor to 55% and kemudiann change its corporate name to Mercedes-Ilmor before it changed its name again to Mercedes-Benz HighPerformanceEngines Ltd.. As a new step of this, Mario Illien decided to quit the company he had founded and re-form a new company called Ilmor Engineering Ltd.. in 2003 with the help of Roger Penske.
Ilmor its debut in F1 as engine maker for Mercedes-Benz when they become the engine supplier to Sauber team, which then survived until the end of the 1994 season. Season 1995 they moved to the McLaren team and then won his first win of the season 1997 in Australia. In the 1999 season Ilmor / Daimler then buy 40% stake in McLaren. Under the supply of engines from Ilmor Mercedes-Benz, McLaren won the world title three drivers (Mika Hakkinen in 1998-1999 and Lewis Hamilton in 2008) and one-time constructors' title (1998). Ilmor 2009 season which has now become a Mercedes-Benz HighPerformanceEngines also expanded by becoming a supplier of machinery Force India and Brawn. Brawn is surprisingly capable of becoming world champion drivers and constructors in the 2009 season and became the first team in history to become world champions in their inaugural season by Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello.
Mercedes new GP
Mercedes team today can be traced back to the old team named Tyrrell Racing, who competed as an F1 constructor from 1970 through 1998. Tyrrell later changed to British American Racing in 1999 which formed a partnership with Japanese engine manufacturer, Honda. Then the team turned back into a BAR Honda Racing F1 Team in 2006. Predecessor of the current Mercedes Brawn formed from the team which also formed from the remnants of the Honda Racing F1 Team after Honda withdrew from F1 in December 2008. The team was bought by the old management team led by Ross Brawn and later renamed as the Brawn. Their relationship with Mercedes began when the team chose to use machine-made Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines in the last minutes before the session pre-season test. Mercedes managed to get a special provision to supply Brawn in the 2009 season with the regulations may only engine manufacturer supplied two teams only, and the Mercedes when it has become the engine supplier to McLaren and Force India.
The team won the first race at the 2009 Australian GP, with Jenson Button won six of their first seven races and in the end he managed to become world champion in 2009. His teammate, Rubens Barrichello managed to win in Valencia and Italy. Both Button and Brawn eventually lock their world title at the Brazilian Grand Prix. This is the first time in the history of F1 for 60 years there is a team who managed to wipe out the drivers 'and constructors' title in his debut season.
On 16 November 2009, it was announced that the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz has purchased the team Brawn, and they retain Ross Brawn as team. For the headquarters team, they will still use Brackley headquarters in England that were located less than 30 miles from the factory Mercedes F1 engine in Brixworth.
The main reason to buy Mercedes-Benz Brawn is because they are less satisfied with the decision of the McLaren Group to expand its business by creating a road car. McLaren himself was planning to make the car a mass highway that will be released to the public beginning in 2011. As a consequence, the McLaren Group then bought back 40% of the shares which they sold to Mercedes-Benz. Mercy itself will remain committed to supplying engines to the McLaren team until the end of the 2015 season.